Olaf Jensen – writer
I am an experienced writer and marketing professional, with a record of producing lucid, compelling creative and marketing copy, including blogs, articles and editorials, emails, web pages and social media.
Over the course of my career I have tackled health and safety, security, events, travel and hospitality, football, logistics and much more—my history degree has certainly equipped me to research and understand unfamiliar topics. I have consistently been able to adapt my writing to different audiences, as a result.
In each full time job I have expanded the scope of my role by developing a reputation as adaptable, fluent writer. I have been tasked with writing important press releases and ghostwriting for senior figures, and in my last job I was in demand from different areas of the business, including event teams in the Middle East.
I am also a freelance writer—please find my rates here, and my portfolio of work here.
Informa Markets, Copywriter
October 2018–November 2020
Covering a broad portfolio of corporate events/tradeshows (health and safety, facilities management, security, fire, logistics, container shipping, National Business Awards) within the content marketing team, working with various internal stakeholders.
- Created and edited compelling copy to support exhibitor and visitor promotion and other year-round marketing campaigns, including emails, websites, blogs, articles, press releases, adverts, video scripts, interviews, eBooks and other marketing collateral
- Developed bespoke messaging targeting segmented audience groups, successfully adapting tone, form and structure for each B2B and B2C medium
- Produced content according to SEO principles, based on my own and my digital marketing colleagues’ plans
- Led and developed projects including eBooks, managing stakeholders to provide content/interviews, working with the team to produce marketing strategies and creating collateral such as videos, social media posts and press releases
- Supported the marketing team with regular copywriting workshops, including one on event messaging during the pandemic
- Took on extra duties during the pandemic to support a diminished team, including strategic planning for content marketing
- Established a reputation that extended across the company, with skills utilised by events teams in the London and Middle East, senior executives, operations team – frequently trusted to ghost write editorials, including one published in a supplement in the Times
HotelREZ Hotels & Resorts, Content Manager
November 2016–May 2018
HotelREZ Hotels & Resorts is a leading hotel representation company providing revenue, sales, distribution and marketing to around 1,000 hotels worldwide. I worked as the company’s sole content manager, with a small but diverse team in the company’s London office before it was closed down in May 2018.
- Sole responsibility for B2B and B2C website content, a consumer travel blog, general travel/hospitality industry articles, email marketing, press releases and ghost-writing for the CEO
- Managed a consumer travel blog featuring hotels and destinations, performing original research, sourcing free-use images and publicising on social channels
- Undertook an extensive content audit of hotel and location descriptions for the Global Distribution Systems (GDS) and the HotelREZ consumer website, communicating to travel agents, clients and hospitality professionals and improve the reach of HotelREZ’s offering
Demomedia/Eventogy, Content Editor
August 2016–September 2016
Content Editor at a digital design agency with a focus on Eventogy, an events service, working closely with a small team of developers and designers. Wrote and ghost-wrote blogs for the Eventogy website; managed social media channels. Frequently offered freelance blog-writing work
Earthport, PR and Marketing Intern
July 2016–August 2016
PR & Marketing Intern for a global payments provider. Wrote copy for internal communications; prepared awards pitches; drew up a social media strategy for the company’s Twitter and LinkedIn profiles; edited and sent out a daily email campaign.
Wardour, Editorial team work experience
Produced copy for clients including a monthly newsletter for the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment and web copy for Heineken; performed client research in Canary Wharf on behalf of client EY.
Deutsche Bank, GTB Marketing work experience
Confederation of Independent Football Associations (CONIFA), Media team volunteer
May 2018–January 2020
Media team volunteer producing on-the-whistle match reports and articles for football matches between unrecognised nations and stateless ethnic/cultural minorities, including attending tournaments in London (2018) and Nagorno-Karabakh (2019).
Hitchin & South Liberal Democrats, Membership Development Officer
August 2018–April 2019
Membership Development Officer, welcoming new members to the local branch, contacting lapsing members to encourage rejoining, and producing a membership report for executive meetings.
University of York
October 2013–June 2016
BA History, 2:1
The Priory School, Hitchin
September 2006–July 2013
A-Levels: History, A; English Literature, A; Government & Politics, B